Wednesday, February 24, 2010

a much needed rest

I am taking a much needed miniature vacation. We are driving down to Alabama for 4 days; taking 6 days; gotta add those extra 2 days for driving time. We're packing some extra stuff to take and leave with my mom so that when I move I have a little less stuff to move. Although it's still gonna be a pain in the butt because I've got a lot of furniture.

[I just misspelled furniture and had to spell check it. Where has my education gone!?]

The only downside to all this? I'm fighting a headcold and a cough. It's one of those dry coughs that ends up really hurting after a couple of days. I've been taking some mucinex, it helps a little. And I'm drinking tea like there's no tomorrow. Jonathan convinced me to just drink regular old hot water... I thought it would taste bad. Suprisingly it just tastes like hot water. hmmm.
So I'm hoping that I feel okay enough tomorrow and don't fall asleep at the wheel. It'll be his job to keep me up.

So we're supposed to get more snow tonight! WHAT?! I thought it was over. Seriously. At least I'll be out of town. I hope it's not so bad that driving out tomorrow morning is difficult. I'm just tired of it being so cold. It's not helping me get better; being inside the warm building, going out in the cold, in and out, in and out... and my job is such that I'm always in and out of the car and the house. I'm just trying to stay warm.

This break is coming at such a good time though. Gonna get away from my horrible roommates and see good friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment