Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A White Valentine's Day?

One of the trees in the complex. The snow was piled up so high! And this is only the 3rd snow of the season! The 2nd snow was even worse. The roads were so bad! I got caught driving in it and I couldn't go straight home because it was for work and I had to take the kids home and they were 20 miles from each other and then 45 miles from my house so I was out in it for a long time and the roads were not cleared or salted at all. But I did a pretty good job driving in it! Being from Montana you'd think that I would be used to snow, but Maryland snow storms are completely different from living in Montana. For one thing Montana is always prepared for the snow. Maryland doesn't really have the man power or all the right equiptment to pull off constant cleaning. It took 4 days to really get the roads driveable.

This is our back porch, I don't have a picture but that giant icicle keeps going down to the next apartment below us. You can kindof see the cars below, like I said, this is from the 3rd snow. The storm before this one completely covered the cars. You couldn't even see where one stopped and the other began! I'm not even kidding. There are still giant mounds of snow everywhere.


This is a picture from the third snow of the year. I have some pics on my phone from the 2nd snow; the one that was the big one. My car was completely covered and piled up to the back window and it was at least 5-6 feet deep behind the car that we had to dig out. It was rough! We had to borrow shovels. Luckily people were nicer than they were during the first snow.


This is the walkway from the apartment to the parking lot. Luckily someone made a path; you can see how deep the snow is.
__________________________________________________________________
*update* 2/18/10
ohmygoodness! That giant icicle that is pictured above is getting bigger and bigger! I think it's because it's melting from above and keeps freezing again at night. It's crazy! I'm afraid it's gonna take down the the whole balcony! I've gotta get a picture of that today!

No comments:

Post a Comment